M. Patricia Fisher
Diplomate, Board Certified Forensic Document Examiners (BFDE*)
Over 30 years full time work and experience
Conducts non-destructive testing and analysis on a broad range of questioned document problems including:
- Handwriting/signature identification/electronic signatures
- Fabricated and altered medical and business records
- Computer printouts, facsimiles, e-mails, writing instruments, inks, and papers
Qualified to testify in over 200 trials in both federal and state courts.
Consultant and Testifying Expert
Ms. Fisher evaluates and tests questioned documents, advises attorneys throughout the litigation, and provides testimony for hearings, arbitrations and depositions. Ms. Fisher is also a Certified Fraud Specialist specializing in questioned documents in financial elder abuse cases.
Ms. Fisher’s experience includes most types of questioned document problems frequently encountered in the following cases:
- Probate, trust, financial elder abuse
- Questioned business contracts and agreements, insurance and mortgage fraud, complex litigation including questioned documents in international business disputes
- Medical and dental malpractice
- Wrongful termination, anonymous writings, documents at the workplace
- Criminal, immigration, personal injury, tenant-landlord, family law, and more...
Experience assisting attorneys, licensed private investigators, corporate security, human resource departments, and public agencies who need answers to questions about a broad range of disputed documents.
Ms. Fisher maintains a laboratory for the nondestructive testing of documents. Utilizing standard testing procedures on current state of the art equipment including the ESDA for indented writing testing, the Video Spectral Comparator 4c for testing requiring a range of light sources for both paper and ink examinations, and a video stereomicroscope with image capture software.
Trained and experienced teacher who enjoys using her teaching and journalism background to educate attorneys, judges, and juries about forensic document examination.